new and relevant literature.

When the boy and I went to Lake Anna back in February (here, here, here, here), we stopped at this old building that ran a church "yard sale" all year long. Since it was an old house, each bedroom was used for holding massive amounts of vintage clothing, toys, (tons and tons of) books, furniture, and pretty much anything you can imagine. I wandered around for the longest time, and I would've stayed longer, but the dust was making my allergies go berserk. I almost felt bad for keeping Frank there so long, but I found him happily searching through the old books and records. What a good guy! I ended up leaving with a pretty impressive haul--(amongst other things,) a few dresses, skirts, a pair of shoes for my sister, some pins, a long leather wallet that says "VA is for lovers," some old sewing patterns, and these two awesomely vintage books. I needed to buy the "Art Career Guide," since that is my field, and one can always use a few pointers. Please, please read the text in the last photo. It's so hilarious. I should scan a few more pages and post them here, too. It's almost unbelievable that people needed that advice written out for them, isn't it?

Vintage Books


Vintage Books


Vintage Books


Vintage Books


Vintage Books


Vintage Books

Comments